There are 4 primary ways our energy and energy field can be affected:
1. From our own thoughts and beliefs
2. How often we tap into and replenish our supply from the universe
3. From other people (taking our energy or giving us theirs)
4. The environment around us
Lets focus on the first one: Our own thoughts and beliefs.
You apply the meaning to your life. You choose to what to think and what to believe. When something happens or someone says something, you are the one who puts meaning into it. (The other person does as well, from their side and this can be completely different than the meaning you placed on it.)
A lot of information can come in at a subconscious level and you might not even be aware of a belief that is being instilled. Our society, family and friends all influence your beliefs as well. When were are younger, you most likely believed the majority of things you were taught by a parent or teacher. If a friend or sibling says something to you or excluded you when were 8, the interpretation of ‘not being worthy or loved’ will go deep down inside yourself and will sit there.
As an adult who is seeking to live a spiritual life at ease and in happiness, you can often come up against the challenge of having to face your in-grained beliefs and question them.
A favourite quotation of mine: “You can’t change what you don’t acknowledge.”
So when you acknowledge that you are are not treating yourself with love and kindness, or that you might not feel you actually deserve love, it can it be a bit of a shocker. I’m sure up on the surface you may think all is well in this department, but is it?
- What happens if someone compliments you? Do you say something like “Oh… stop it!” or “This old dress… I’ve had it for ages.” or anything other than a simple “Thank You!”? If you do, you are deflecting love away from yourself.
- If you tend to always give other people the better looking plate of food, or the last small slice of dessert: this is you not giving the best to yourself, but giving it to others instead. While it appears to be a wonderful and generous thing (and cudos for being generous), but if you do this enough times, you are silently telling yourself through your actions that you are not deserving.
- Do you ever look in the mirror and wish your thighs, ass or teeth were smaller, smoother, straighter, whiter? Do you ever say to yourself that you are worthy of being healthy, of being a size you will be content with? How often do you actually compliment yourself when you look in the mirror? All the small, personal jabs at yourself or lack of positive cheering is all just another way you are denying your beautiful self the love you deserve…. from yourself.
I’m sure you’re getting the picture here.
When working in a Reiki or energy healing session, it is amazing how many times this same blockage comes up for my clients. Intuitively I am drawn to their heart chakra where energy is naturally needing to flow to the area. More often than not, the left arm is also needing energy. Sometimes the left arm can represent what we take in for ourselves (while the right one being what we give out to others). So when the heart energy is lacking or blocked and the energy flowing into the left arm is off as well, this can be an indication that the person is not feeling they are deserving of love and goodness. I will then work with the strong intention “You are worthy to receive love”.
- Say affirmations: “I am Loved. I am Needed. I am Valued. I am Worth it!”
- Do more good things for yourself, instead of for others. Assure yourself that this is okay to do. It does not make you a selfish person.
- Compliment yourself EVERY TIME you look in the mirror
- In meditation, imagine the heart chakra opening up, expanding and accepting a loving energy from the universe
- Simply say to yourself: “I love you.” over and over and over and over again (and again).
What are ways that you love to love yourself? Share your thoughts below and help inspire others: