There are many branches of the energy healing tree including Reiki, Quantum Touch, Therapeutic Touch, Chakra Balancing, Intuitive Healing and many many more. While each practitioner will have their own way of working with energy and what they will do with their clients, most of them believe in these basic principles.
- Energy follows thought. The practitioner uses intention and meditations to create a high-energy field and uses that field to surround the area to be healed.
- Resonance and entrainment cause the area being healed to change its vibration to match that of the practitioner. The practitioner simply raises and holds the new resonance.
- Breathing amplifies energy.
- Combining breathing and meditation techniques together causes the energy to line up, which multiplies its power.
- The energy follows the natural intelligence of the body to do the necessary healing. The practitioner pays attention to body intelligence and follows the pain and discomfort patterns around the body.
- Trusting the process is essential. The work may cause temporary pain or other distressing symptoms that are all part of the healing. Energy and the healing process work with complexity and wisdom that are beyond our conception and comprehension. Trusting that something is happening within and around you to make you healthier is essential.
- No one can really heal anyone else. The person in need of healing is the actual healer. The practitioner simply holds a resonance to allow the other body to heal itself.
- The practitioner is also receiving a healing by doing the work, but will still ground and center herself beforehand.
- The ability to connect with one’s spirituality, in whatever form you believe in, and asking for help from this source, adds another dimension of power to energy work.
- Love is a universal vibration; love communicates to all species, functions on all levels and expresses our true nature. It is the foundation of all healing and the core essence of the life force of energy.
- Synergy is the effect of multiple healers working together, and is greater than the sum of the parts. It can be very powerful. Meditating or working in a group setting is an example of this. The client also being focused on the energy process can create a synergy effect.
- Healing can be accomplished from a distance and can be highly effective. We work with vibration on an energetic level in which physical distance is not a factor.
In a field where explanation is not black and white as with science, hopefully these principles behind Energy Healing give you more understanding and clarity of why energy is so powerful in our healing and health.